Kids Activator Course
Your personalised training toolkit to deliver world class, engaging activities to children and young people.
3 Days (blended learning)
CIMSPA (10 CPD Points)
Written by experienced children’s activities professionals for children’s activities professionals.
We understand what the individuals, and organisations across the children’s activity, childcare and youth sectors need and we’ve built a course with those needs in mind.
The course covers the foundations and fundamentals for delivering world class engaging physical activity sessions to children covering three core age-groups; Early Years (Nursery/Reception) Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
You will finish the course with a greater knowledge on why physical activity is so important for children and young people, understand the foundational building blocks to delivering world class sessions, be better prepared and organised, appreciate the benefits of self and peer-based evaluation, and most importantly improve your skills and confidence in the hands on delivery of world class engaging and inspiring physical activity sessions.
Who it’s for
All those working with children and young people in childcare, youth work, leisure, health, sport and physical activity settings; Holiday Camps, Breakfast Clubs, In-School and After-School Activities, Birthday Parties, Youth Work, Sports Coaching, Community Groups, Children’s Franchises, School Activity Programmes, Early Years Activities and Nurseries.
Blended Learning including online, face-to-face and assessments
4-6 hours pre-course (online), 2-day practical (face-to-face), 2-4 hours post-course (online)
Certified Trainer Course
10 CIMSPA CPD Points
Ongoing support from our Master Trainers via our Kidztivity App
Pre+Post Course Learning via our Kidztivity App
Two-days of face-to-face learning
*music is only available within certain Kidztivity programs
A qualification (Level 1 or above) in one of more of the following; NGB Coaching Courses, Sports Leader, Gym/Fitness/Group Exercise, Playwork, Youth Work and/or Early Years or Childcare is preferred, although we will look to support those with experience and or a desire to work in the sector or those working towards a Level 1 qualification.
what you’ll learn
1. Making a difference
Why working with children and young people is so important
- The importance of physical activity in children and young people
- The who’s who of those impacting the sector
- CMO guidelines
- UK and global landscape
- Understanding the development of children and young people
- Social, physical, emotional and educational benefits
- A physiological and psychological view
- Developmental milestones and their impact on safe and effective delivery
2. Knowing the foundations
The building blocks to world class delivery
- How to engage children and young people in physical activity
- Behaviour Management – how to motivate, engage and enthuse children in physical activity
- How to protect children and young people in our care
- How to protect yourself when working with Children and Young People
- The role of a DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Communicating with children – professional, engaging, building confidence while remaining fun and engaging
- Communicating with Parents – how to provide feedback to parents
3. Preparing for success
- Being Safe;
- Checklists, Risk Assessments, Registers, Child Information, Knowing your Facilities
- Being Planned;
- Session Plans, Preparing a Session, Session Structure, Evolving Sessions, Back-up Plans
- Being Organised;
- Equipment Management, Personal Organisation and Appearance, Time Management, Understanding the Bigger Picture
4. World class delivery
Getting children and young people moving.
- Understanding the Principles of Activity
- Activity and Game Types
- Warm and Cool Down Activities
- High Tempo and Downtime Activities
- Interval Activities
- Bringing a Session Plan to Life
- The Session Intro and Outro
- Projecting the right personality for your audience
- Energy and Energy Flow
- Adapting to you Audience
- Understanding the characteristics and behavioural differences in children and young people
- Understanding of SEND children and how to best support and assist them
- How to adapt and progress sessions for different age groups and abilities
- Dealing with curve balls; real life scenarios and how to deal with them
- Gold Dust – Tips and Tricks to Elevate your Delivery
- Voice Projection, Body Language, Do’s and Don’ts
5. Becoming a better you
Evaluating and reviewing to aid future success
- Concluding Activities, Reviewing, Enhancing and Self-Reflection
- Peer Evaluation and Learning from Others
- Development Links (gifted talent, signpost, landscape, talent identification and talent pathways)
meet the master trainers
Kidztivity Founder and Master Trainer
Founder of Kidztivity with 27 years experience in the sports, physical activity and fitness industries. Developing brands and programmes, and delivering hands on to children and coach-education workshops globally.
Kidztivity Master Trainer
A former National badminton player and experienced sports coach, specialising in the development of physical activity programmes and education workshops for coaches and children’s professionals. 16 years experience in the industry across the UK and USA.
Kidztivity Master Trainer
An advanced football and sports coach and experienced teaching assistant having worked for 7-years in the USA. A hands-on coach working with children of all age groups and educating those who do.
how much does it cost?
Become a Certified KidS Activator
Sign Up for one of our open Kids Activator courses running across the UK.
In-House and Group Training
Run your own in-house Kids Activator course customised to your own brand and programmes or sign-up groups of 10+ learners.